Access Arts is a Not for Profit arts organisation with 36 years’ experience empowering people who experience disability or disadvantage to take part and excel in the arts, now a wholly owned subsidiary under the umbrella of CPL. We believe that everybody deserves access to quality arts activity and the opportunity to work towards a career in the arts.
As an Access Arts Direct Support Worker you will be supporting clients in our group workshops in visual or performing arts and will collaboratively contribute to an engaging, fun and educational environment. You'll be an integral of part people’s lives while professionally assisting them with movement, mealtime support, medication administration and support with personal care.
We are seeking multiple Direct Support Workers across the below hours and locations:
- Performing Arts (Ashgrove), every Tuesday across the following hours;
- 9:30am – 12:00pm
- 11:30am – 2:00pm
- 2:00pm – 4:00pm
- Visual Arts (Yeronga) every Tuesday there is potential shifts for Monday, Wednesday, Thursday also across the following hours;
- 10:00am – 3:00pm
- Thurs 9.30am – 4.00pm
There is additional potential for you to also support clients in their homes throughout the week, should you wish to add more working hours to your week.
For a successful application you'll need:
- To believe in an inclusive society and value client focus, respect, inclusion, integrity, excellence and courage.
- A passion for the arts and helping others excel in group environments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to independently problem solve and be solutions focused in your approach
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificates (or willing to obtain)
- Evidence of eligibility and right to work in Australia
- To be willing to undergo a criminal history check
As a team member you will enjoy:
- Being an active participant in a supportive culture
- Flexibility to support your life-style and commitments
- On the job training and continued professional development
- Previous experience in aged care or disability services is highly desirable.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your interest in the role. For a confidential discussion, please contact the recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org