Are you an energetic person with a passion for supporting kids to reach their goals? CPL runs vacation care programs every school holidays for kids with disability. Our service is fun and interactive with never a dull moment! Arts and Crafts, Games, Learning programs, Excursions, Incursions and community events are all part and parcel of our service.
We are looking for a number of Direct Support Workers to support these programs, youâll support our clients through meal time assistance, medication administration and support with personal care. If you are studying in the field of early childhood, teaching, medicine, nursing, individual support or allied health you will gain valuable experience working in the disability services sector.
This position in our team is ideal for people who:
- Have lots of energy, common sense and willing to get stuck in and have fun;
- Are excellent communicators dedicated to providing the best support to our kids;
- Can pick up policies, processes and direction quickly while working as part of a team;
- Are fully available 8.30am - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday during school holidays;
- Can provide personal care with dignity and sensitivity.
For a successful application youâll need:
- To be fully available to work on school on holidays.
- An up to date resume/CV
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificates
- Evidence of eligibility and right to work in Australia
- To be willing to undergo a criminal history check
- Reliable transport, ideally a car, with a valid driverâs licence.
As a team member you will enjoy:
- Being an active participant in a supportive culture
- Full Industry induction, comprehensive classroom Medication Training, Safe Handling of People (SHoP) training and more importantly; learn lots on the job.
- Depending on availability casual support work during term time is also a possibility.
Previous experience in child care or disability services is highly desirable.
For over 70 years CPL â Choice, Passion, Life have provided support and services to children and adults with disabilities across Queensland. CPL believe in supporting people as they grow beyond expectations, and chase the life they choose.