The roll-out of the NDIS has created even greater demand for CPL’s services, and we are in need of casual support workers who are ready to support our clients’ diverse needs.
As a CPL Direct Support Worker you’ll be an integral part of the lives of people of all ages and backgrounds. You will be part of people’s lives, professionally assisting them with movement, domestic duties, mealtime support, medication administration and support with personal care.
If you enjoy challenging but rewarding work and share our vision of an inclusive society, we will provide the training, supportive culture and connections to help you make the most of this opportunity.
This position in our team is ideal for people who:
- Are great communicators dedicated to providing the best service for every person
- Are even better listeners who can work autonomously as well as under direction
- Will work closely with people and teams who rely on them
- Can provide personal care with dignity and sensitivity
- Are ready to support our clients with personal and professional commitments.
CPL provide around the clock assistance, meaning the more available you are, the more shifts we can potentially offer you. Our clients’ high demand times are 6am to 9am and 3pm to 10pm, and some weekend availability will be required.
For a successful application you’ll need:
- To believe in an inclusive society and value client focus, respect, inclusion, integrity, excellence and courage.
- An up to date resume/CV
- Reliable transport, ideally a car, with a valid driver’s licence
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificates
- Capacity to work flexible hours on a roster system
- Evidence of eligibility and right to work in Australia
- To be willing to undergo a criminal history check
As a team member you will enjoy:
- Being an active participant in a supportive culture
- Flexibility to support your life-style and commitments
- On the job training and continued professional development
Previous experience in aged care or disability services is highly desirable.
For more information on the critical demands of the role please download a full position description.
For over 70 years CPL – Choice, Passion, Life have provided support and services to children and adults with disabilities across Queensland. CPL believe in supporting people as they grow beyond expectations, and chase the life they choose.