About the role:
CPL's Mylestones Solutions is a Disability Social Enterprise, employing people with a disability in locations across Queensland. We employ over 45 people with disabilities and provide them with on-the-job training so they have the skills to do a great job.
Our mobile coffee carts are dedicated to serve the finest coffee from our talented and friendly crew members. As a part-time Support Worker in the Southside Coffee Cart, you will lead, coach and mentor the work crew to help them gain the required skills to deliver the best quality coffee with a smile!
- Develop and implement individual program plans for each crew member and encourage them to make their own decisions.
- Support and mentor the crew members to achieve competence in their jobs.
- Ensure business requirements and deadlines are met.
- Supervise and train the crew members on the safe operating of equipment.
- Provide support and assistance to crew members on personal care as per their individual support needs.
Please download the position description below for a full list of responsibilities.
To be successful, you will have:
- Experience in supporting and encouraging individuals with disability support needs to achieve their lifestyle goals.
- Experience in developing and implementing effective individualised plans for people with disability support needs.
- Experience in coffee preparation and using brewing equipment.
- Experience in supporting individuals with personal care needs, including transfers.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Ability to work in a team environment and also independently in a variety of settings.
- Ability to exercise judgement, initiative and problem solving skills within defined guidelines.
- 60 hours per fortnight
- Friendly and supportive team
- Internal training and development
- Join a leading organisation within the fastest growing disability sector.
Applications close on Wednesday 19 February 2020, unless filled prior.
CPL as an employer:
CPL - Choice Passion Life is a non-profit organisation providing services for people with disabilities so they can lead the lives they choose. CPL offers services every day, at every stage of life and has been doing so for over 70 years in thousands of homes, schools, communities and workplaces in Queensland and Northern New South Wales.
Mylestones is part of CPL - Choice, Passion, Life, a profit-for-purpose organisation that provides vital support to more than 5,000 people with disabilities across Queensland and northern New South Wales. At Mylestones, our businesses are focused on creating more opportunities for people with barriers and disabilities to find work, earn an income, gain independence, develop new skills and follow their passions.