CPL is a leading not for profit organisation with over 2600 employees located across Queensland and Northern New South Wales. We provide support to people with a disability, in their homes and in the community.
We now have an opportunity for an experienced Payroll Officer to join our head office finance team with an ASAP start.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager your role will be to provide accurate and timely payroll services, advice and support to all employees and managers within CPL. We use the Aurion Payroll system.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing great service to all CPL employees, ensuring accurate and timely advice and information is given in relation to payroll and human resource queries and matters
- Maintain high levels of privacy and confidentiality in relation to all matters, queries and information
- Accurately process employee updates and changes in a timely manner
- Ensure all confidential employee personnel records are maintained at all times
- Prepare and process payroll functions for the organisation
- Interpret and apply relevant awards, agreements, legislation, statutory requirements, policies, procedures and the CPL Enterprise Agreement.
- Update all payroll policy and procedures including improvements
- Participate in the project team as SME for review and implementation of new rostering system and transition of award interpretation to Aurion
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement.
Can you bring:
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience and skills with large payroll systems desirable (Aurion)
- Strong attention to detail and solid organisation skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to great customer service
- Ability to provide payroll advice to CPL employees and managers
- Knowledge of Australian employment awards and legislation
- Permanent with ASAP Start!
- Friendly and supportive team and culture
- Modern, new offices
- Easy access to central train station and public transport
Applications to close by Monday 25th November 2019..unless filled prior, thanks!
Want to make a difference to the lives of people with disabilities? Join CPL – Choice, Passion, Life and be part of an organisation that makes a difference in people’s lives every day.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter. For a confidential discussion, please contact Paul Cooper on 07 3358 8074, quoting Ref No. 880674.