CPL is a leading non-profit organisation that provides vital support and services to children and adults with disabilities across Queensland and into northern New South Wales.
Covering a period of maternity and within the Governance Unit your role will be to ensure that CPL is working within all legislative requirements regarding positive behaviour support and restrictive practices. As our Behaviour Support Service Manager you will work with our Clinical Governance Unit to ensure CPL is providing high quality behaviour support services to CPL clients, customers and service delivery and Allied Health staff as part of a professional multi-disciplinary team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Management of ODC (online data collection) entries, for clients who have restrictive practices.
- Ensure training and knowledge across all levels of CPL on the use of restrictive practices and Positive Behaviour Support Plans
- Provide training and support for support staff and allied health professionals regarding therapeutic support including positive behaviour support plans, incident prevention and response plans for clients.
- Ensure all Mangers are informed of changes to legislation and NDIS reporting requirements
- Ensure all policies and procedures regarding restrictive practices and positive behaviour support plans are in-line with legislation along with CPL’s structure of responsibility in these areas.
Selection criteria includes:
- Experience working with clients who exhibit challenging behaviours
- Proven ability to work within a multi-disciplinary teams
- Solid problem solving skills
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate to a high level of quality within a time-pressured environment
- Tertiary qualification in psychology or social work (desirable)
- Certificate 4 in training and assessment (desirable)
A full position description will be provided.
- Full-time, 12 month maternity leave contract
- Salary Packaging options
- Additional 2 weeks extra annual leave (pro-rata)
- Flexible work location – Brisbane based
- Employee benefits program
- Support for professional development
- Collaborative, friendly and professional team
Applications to include CV, cover letter and response to the selection criteria to close by Friday 12th July 2019, if not filled before…thanks!
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter responding to the selection criteria. For a confidential discussion, please contact Paul Cooper on 07 3358 8074, quoting Ref No. 860910.