In this largely autonomous role, your purpose will be to optimise the provision of health and well-being support to people with disabilities who have complex health care needs, living in their own homes within the community.
To do this, you'll be providing health care assessments, and health education to clients and CPL direct support workers, developing health care plans, and delivering training that is both classroom based and in home from Fig Tree Pocket, spanning Toowoomba, Ipswich and South West Brisbane (day trips) region.
You will work in consultation with individual clients, their families, medical specialists and allied health professionals to ensure appropriate medication administration, clinical care and support plans are provided.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a professional, committed and dynamic team within a large and growing disability service provider.
Skills & Experience
- Experienced Registered Nurse (RN) minimum 2 years post registration
- Clinical experience in a community setting, including Nursing health care planning
- Experienced trainer, classroom training experience highly regarded
- Strong administration / systems skills
- Interest in and commitment to supporting people with a disability live their best life
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Current Registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment (or willingness to obtain)
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing health care training packages (preferred but not essential)
- Permanent, full-time role, ASAP Start!
- Based at Fig Tree Pocket, travel in local area
- Salary packaging: tax benefits, car option
- Additional 2 weeks Annual Leave (total of 6 weeks / year)
- Professional development allowance
- Employee Benefits Program
- On-site parking
- Join a professional and energetic team
- Flexible working hours
Applications to close by Tuesday 17th December 2019,
if not filled before...thanks!