CPL - Choice Passion Life, is a non-profit organisation providing services for people with disabilities so they can live the lives they choose. CPL's Values of client focus, respect, inclusion, integrity, excellence and courage underpin a Vision of an inclusive society for all people. We employ over 2800 people across Queensland.
Your role will see you use autonomy in how you manage your time across our Brisbane South, Ipswich and Toowoomba client centres and homes. Your purpose will be to optimise the provision of health and well-being support to people with disabilities who have complex health care needs, living in their own homes within the community.
To do this, you'll be providing health care assessments, developing health care plans, and at times delivering health education to clients and employees. You will build an understanding of client needs and support the capability of CPL direct support workers by delivering training that is both classroom based and in home.
You will work in consultation with individual clients, their families, medical specialists and allied health professionals to provide support plans and expert guidance and advice regarding appropriate medication administration and clinical care.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a professional, committed and dynamic team within a large and growing disability service provider.
Skills & Experience
- Experienced Registered Nurse (RN) with a minimum of 2 years post registration
- Clinical experience ideally in a community setting, including Nursing health care planning
- Experience in training or facilitation is highly regarded
- Strong administration skills and the ability to learn new technology systems
- Interest in and commitment to supporting people with a disability live their best life
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Current Registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment (or willingness to obtain)
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing health care training packages (preferred but not essential)
- Permanent, full-time role with flexible working hours, ASAP Start!
- Additional 2 weeks Annual Leave (total of 6 weeks / year)
- Autonomous role with travel across our South Brisbane, Ipswich and Toowoomba areas.
- Not-for-profit salary packaging: tax benefits, car option
- Professional development allowance
- Employee Benefits Program
- On-site parking
- Join a professional and energetic team and have a positive impact on the community