As a Senior Direct Support Worker you will be required to provide direct support to the clients including personal care, liaising with families, and encouraging clients to pursue their own interests and goals within the community.
As part of your senior duties you will be required to coordinate the day-to-day operations together with providing and overseeing assistance to clients in managing their Community based supports
Selection criteria includes:
- Solid experience in supporting and encouraging individuals with disability support needs to achieve their lifestyle goals.
- Ability to provide high quality service to support individuals with disability support needs and the ability to develop and implement effective individualized client plans.
- Ability to lead direct care staff to ensure they work effectively to deliver high quality services.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be well organised and planned to establish workloads and set priorities
- Ability to work flexible hours on a roster system (incl. weekends, late nights and early mornings)
- Reliable transport, ideally a car and valid driver’s licence.
- Availability to be part of an Out of Hours On Call roster
- Strong computer skills and experience of various systems
- Ability to devise and deliver creative and active program content to meet customer goals and expectations
Please review the attached position description for the full selection criteria and role responsibilities.
- Permanent role - 76hrs per fortnight
- Stability with your hours and pay!
- Personal leave and Annual leave!
- Competitive pay rate and salary packaging - boost your take home pay
- Opportunity to develop your skills further and build your career
- Employee benefits program
- Join a leading not-for-profit organisation with a heart!
Applications to close by 25th July 2020, or if filled prior!