About the role:
CPL’s Mylestones Garden crew is a Disability Social Enterprise, employing people with disability in small commercial garden crews in locations across Queensland. Our garden crew specialises in commercial garden maintenance and landscaping, as well as handyman services and minor property maintenance.
As a part-time Support Worker in Rockhampton's garden crew, you will lead and develop a work crew as a viable business to ensure provision of a high quality gardening and maintenance service, within agreed parameters.
- Develop and implement individual program plans for each crew member
- Undertake appropriate horticulture/gardening/maintenance (including cleaning) duties and tasks and effectively supervise the crew.
- Support, train and mentor the crew members to achieve competency in their jobs.
- Provide support and assistance to crew members on personal care as per their individual support needs.
- Supervise and train crew members to ensure adherence of Safe Work Procedures.
- Identify appropriate business development opportunities.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a high quality marketing plan that effectively promotes the work of the Mylestones Solutions Work Crew.
- Provide accurate quotations to customers.
- Follow equipment maintenance programs.
Requirements for the role:
- Sound working knowledge of horticulture.
- Working knowledge of basic routine gardening equipment maintenance with the ability to implement that knowledge safely in practice.
- Basic computer skills (MS Office suite).
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively assess customers needs and translate these into viable work plans and programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of small business principles with the ability to translate those principles into practice.
- Track record of success within similar gardening services is preferred, particularly in a supervisory or self-employment capacity.
- Permanent part time role; 45 hours a fortnight
- Competitive salary+salary packaging benefit
- Highly supportive management team
- Join a leading organisation in the fastest growing disability sector
Applications close 8th November 2019 (unless filled prior).
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter. For a confidential discussion, please contact Nidhi Shrivastava on (07) 3358 8058, quoting Ref No. 878237.